MDPM Games & Activities
The MD Pony Meet is host to many original and exciting games, many of which change from year to year. Some games are played individually, while some require a little teamwork.
Are YOU ready to have some fun?
MD Pony Meet Scooter Race
A famous classic of the MD Meet! The Scooter Race uses G3 wind-up pony scooters on a custom built racetrack in a riveting multi-heat competition for first place!
– Scooters can be original or customized, but may not be given an unfair advantage (ie: a motor, etc)
– Scooters can be “driven” by a full size G1, G3, or G5 pony
– Scooters are available for use on site
Sea Pony Quarter Drop
No idea what to do with all that spare change? In this game, participants will have a chance to drop a quarter into a a water-filled, clear sea pony tank. Coins that land on one of the three raised pedestals earn participants a prize! All proceeds go toward the cost of the meet.
– Quarters must stay on pedestals for 5 seconds
– Change is available on site
Throughout the meet, participants will have the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets to support the cost of the meet. This activity will distribute the rest of the items on the prize table, until all prizes have been given to meet attendees. Hostess, committee, and attendees all come together to create a beautiful table of pony prizes that you may just be ONE ticket away from winning!
In Pony Pictionary, up to 4 teams will compete against each other for the most correct answers in a 2-minute time span. Teams will choose an artist. The artist is shown a card with the name of a pony on it and must then use a combination of drawing on a whiteboard and charades to help their teammates guess the pony. The guesser is the next artist.
– No drawing ponies’ symbols, words, or numbers
Unicorn Ring Toss
In Unicorn Ring Toss, up to 4 teams will compete against each other for the most rings caught in a 3-minute time span. Teams will choose a “unicorn” to begin. The “unicorn” remains seated while the rest of the team attempt to land rings on the “unicorn’s” horn before time runs out.
Whichever team catches the most rings wins!
Every year is a different theme! Participants will create their own custom pony in accordance with the theme, and the winners of the contest will be determined by votes from the meet attendees.
– Only open to people who are attending the MDPM
– Maximum of two (2) entries per person
– Pony must be an actual MLP base (quality repro’s are allowed)
– The custom you submit must be your own work
Applejack’s Apple Toss
Participants are invited to compete by throwing apples through a custom display with holes in it. Can you get it through the smallest one? If you can, you’ll get the most points!
– Participants must stand behind the designated line when throwing.
– One turn per person. People are welcome to play for fun as much as they want after all scores are tallied.
– No practice throws
– In the event of a tie, there will be a toss-off.
Mini Claw Machine Games
For just 25¢ a turn, attendees are invited to test their skills at an old-fashioned arcade game–in miniature form! You never know what goodies will be inside the claw machine games, and they are refilled throughout the day.
– Each turn is 25¢
– Change is available at the Sign-In Table
– Play all day, as much as you like!
You never know what might pop up at the MD Meet!